Technical fabrics of glass fibre (TG fabrics) are made from 3 types of glass: E-glass with thermal resistance of 600°C, HR-glass with thermal resistance of 800°C and SiO2-glass with thermal resistance of 1000+°C. Each glass type is providing its own specific qualities.
(E-Glass 600º C)
Technical fabrics (TG) are made of alkali-free alumina borosilicate E-type glass fibre yarns with heat resistance up to 600°C. For the production TG fabrics we use yarns with a filament diameter of 6, 9, 11 or 13 µm.
Application: TG fabrics are used as heat and acoustic insulating material in automotive, machine building and building industries, as well as plastic reinforcement.
- mass per unit area is 100 up to 1100 g/m2;TG type fabrics come with different types of selveedges: fringed cut edge (P), fringed cut edge and plain weave (PA), fringed cut edge strenghtened with glass yarn (PG, ), tuck-in edge (TS),
- length of the fabric in a roll: up to 2000 m,
- standard width: 100cm or 110cm,
- rolls of other width and/or length are available upon customer's request.
- weave lock,
- black and other colours,
- heat resistant,
Designation: e.g. TG-200 P A, where:
TG - type E-glass technical fabric,
200 - mass per unit area, g/m2,
P - edge type (fringed cut edge),
A - weavelock finished.
(HR-Glass 800º C)
HR-glass is alkali-free aluminosilicate glass that does not contain boron oxide and fluorine. This glass type could fully substitute E-glass in various aspects. The most important feature of this type of glass is its thermal resistance of up to 800°C.
Advantages of HR glass fibre compared to E-glass:
- better chemical resistance, particularly in acidic, as well as alkaline and water environments;
- better thermal resistance;
- better dielectric properties;
- equal durability;
- environmentally friendly glass melting process - does not create dust emissions containing boron oxide.
We offer fabrics with a high SiO2 content (KC) with thermal resistance of 1000+°C. High-silica fabrics are a new-generation heat resistant material. Glass fibre products with a high SiO2 content are excellent high temperature insulators and can be used over long periods without losing the properties and without melting and vaporising at temperatures of up to 1000ºC.
High silica glass fibre materials are an excellent alternative to asbestos. The materials have low thermal conductivity, are inert to the majority of chemical reagents, resistant to organic and mineral acids (except hydrofluoric and phosphoric), weak alkali, water, and high-pressure steam.
Application: high silica fabrics type (KA) are designed for use
- as insulation and protection applications, such as sealing, packaging, protective screens;
- as drop cloth for welding and fire curtains;
- as reinforcement for acid resistant composites;
- for filtration of molten metal and furnace exhaust, etc.
- These products can be used for production of welding protective blankets, screens for furnaces and stoves, protective gloves.
- weave lock,
Shrinkage at temperature of 1000°C:
- for non-heat-treated materials 12% (+/-1%),
- for heat-treated fabrics (TA), depending on the treatment regime, from 1% till 3%.
Designation: e.g. KA-600 W, where:
KA – type (high silica fabric),
600 - mass per unit area, g/m2,
W - coated with vermiculite.