(E-Glass 600º C)
Stitch-bonded glass fibre mats with a thermal resistance of 600°C are made of alkali-free alumina borosilicate E-glass fibre yarns with a filament diameter of 6 to 13 mm and a length of the cut fibre of 30 to 100 mm, without any bonding agent. Polyester yarn is used for stitching.
Application: due to the incombustibility of glass fibre, glass fibre mats can be used as heat insulating materials in applications up to 600°C; More often, glass fibre mats as heat and acoustic insulating materials are used in industries such as follow:
- automotive (motor house, floor),
- shipbuilding (walls, ceilings, piping insulation),
- carriage (piping insulation),
- building (heat insulation),
- household goods (heat insulation),
- power plants (turbine insulation).
- standard width 100 cm,
- thickness 4-12 mm,
- mass per unit area 800 to 2900 g/m2,
- mats up to 200 cm wide are available upon customer’s request.
Designation: e.g. CF 800-4, where:
CF - type (stitch bonded mats),
800 - mass per unit area, g/m2,
4 - thickness, mm.