(E-Glass 600º C)
Needled glass fibre mats with thermal resistance of 600ºC are made of alkali-free alumina borosilicate E-glass fibre yarns with a filament diameter of 6 to 13 µm and a length of the cut fibre of 30 to 100 mm without any bonding agent.
Application: due to the incombustibility of glass fibre, glass fibre mats can be used as heat insulating materials in applications up to 600°C. More often, glass fibre mats as heat and acoustic insulating materials are used in industries such as follows:
- automotive (motor house, floor),
- shipbuilding (walls, ceilings, piping insulation),
- carriage (piping insulation),
- building (heat insulation),
- household goods (heat insulation),
- power plants (turbine insulation).
- standard width 100 cm,
- thickness 3-25 mm,
- mass per unit area 450-4500 g/m2,
- operating temperature 200-600°C,
- mats up to 200 cm wide are available upon customer’s request.
Designation: e.g. AF 1500-10, where:
AF - type (E-glass fibre needled mats),
1500 - mass per unit area, g/m²,
10 - thickness, mm.
(HR-Glass 800º C)
HR-glass is alkali-free aluminosilicate glass that does not contain boron oxide and fluorine. This glass type could fully substitute E-glass in various aspects. The most important feature of this type of glass is its thermal resistance of up to 800°C.
Advantages of HR glass fibre compared to E-glass:
- better chemical resistance, particularly in acidic, as well as alkaline and water environments;
- better thermal resistance;
- better dielectric properties;
- equal durability;
- environmentally friendly glass melting process - does not create dust emissions containing boron oxide.
We offer high-silica needled mats (KF) with thermal resistance of 1000+ºC. Silica needled mats is a new-generation heat resistant material which can be used over long periods without losing the properties and without melting and vaporising at temperatures of up to 1000ºC. The mats also have low thermal conductivity, are inert to the majority of chemical reagents, resistant to organic and mineral acids (except hydrofluoric and phosphoric), weak alkali, water and high-pressure steam.
Application: high-silica needled mats are mainly used in metallurgy, automotive industry, electro- and chemical industries, which require thermal resistance of up to 1000+ºC.
Parameters: the high-silica needled mats are delivered in rolls with a length of 10-50 m.
Designation: e.g. KF-600-4, where:
KF - type (silica mats),
600 - mass per unit area, g/m2,
4 - thickness, mm.